ELDER LAW PLANNING
We provide advice, representation and support to Virginia, Maryland and District families and individuals from all walks of life. As lawyers who practice elder law, we help our clients find solutions to problems presented by the high cost of long-term care and health care, the complex challenges of aging and the uncertainty of family transitions.
The field of elder law addresses the needs of seniors and persons with disabilities and special needs. Perhaps as importantly, it addresses the concerns of their families. Elder law includes elements of estate planning, estate administration, special needs planning, long-term care planning and other disciplines. The attorneys at Conway & Pannell partner closely with families to create a holistic plan and work strategically with others advisors and caregivers for the benefit of your loved one.
We can provide guidance to you and your family if:
- You are unsure about how to cover the costs of nursing home or assisted living care for a parent, a spouse or another loved one.
- You want to understand how to utilize Medicaid benefits or veterans benefits.
- You have questions about guardianships, conservatorships, incapacitation or other issues related to the protection of a vulnerable adult or minor.
- You need a solid plan to provide for a loved one with special needs.
- You feel your estate planning documents need attention, or you are lacking the documents you need.
- You need advice regarding the probate process or an estate administration issue.
Every situation is unique from a legal, financial and health-care standpoint. As your attorney, we will help you make sure you have a comprehensive plan that addresses all your concerns.